The PT/PTA will offer therapeutic support to clients of the gym and/or other persons who have been directed to the clinic at YourLife.
Support may include but is not limited to:
• Traditional Physical Therapy services
• Deep Tissue Laser Treatments
• Myofascial Release (MFR) Therapy Treatments
• Postural assessments for pre and post personal training and/or MFR
• Flexibility and/or strength assessments for pre and post training
Therapeutic Movement is a blend of physical therapy, postural exercises, gentle yoga-like positions, neurosensory exercises, and self-care fitness. The classes are theme-based and are led by a trauma-informed physical therapist offering a fun, unique, and personalized experience.
Classes focus on self-myofascial release work, and can be used at the gym or at home. Utilizing therapy balls students can explore movement—as well as stillness—to work toward:
• Increasing the mobility of achy and stiff joints
• Improving body awareness
• Reducing pain, tension, and one’s response to stress
• Becoming lighthearted and playful
• Gaining stability within one’s core and joints
• Improving balance and posture